How to Decorate a Christmas tree with Christmas balls
- December 8, 2018
- David Llyods
Christmas truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Nothing says this more than a wonderfully decorated Christmas tree in huge, malls, or even the little ones you see through your neighbor’s living room window. Well, the good news is, you can now make your Christmas all the more special with a few tips on how to use Christmas balls on your Christmas tree to effectively bring out the Christmas spirit.
The Birth of the Christmas ball
Born in Eastern Europe in the late 19th Century, the Christmas ball became popular in Germany and later Europe after the use of apples as a Christmas tree decoration run its course. This happened when most of the apple trees died in the 1860’s, and the frenzy of molded glass and custom Christmas decorations began to take center stage.
This practice has evolved ever since, and the balls that are now in use are more durable, more beautiful, and more significant in terms of spreading the Christmas cheer.
When decorating your tree with Christmas balls, all you need is a bit of creativity. Christmas balls come in a variety of sizes and designs, you can even have them customized with messages of love and appreciation for specific family members or close friends.
What you should know
- Christmas balls come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. This means that they are compatible with just about any theme you put out. This quality feature makes it easier to use, and re-use Christmas balls over and over, allowing you to save money by preventing you from purchasing these ornaments every year.
- Christmas balls are also handcrafted. This means that there are more care and attention to detail in the design process. You can now have your own specially made set of Christmas balls with custom messages that speak to the heart. Christmas balls are all about sentimentally.
- This customization process gets even better. The design materials range anything from glass mold, plastic to ceramics. This means that if you are looking for a place to hide your kids’ gifts where they can’t find them, then you can have Holyart make you a custom, large sized Christmas ball where you can hide all the presents so no one ruins the surprise!
The thing about most Christmas tree decorations is that their meanings are abstract, and not too many people know what they symbolize. The red, for instance, symbolizes the blood Jesus shed on the cross, while the green on the tree symbolizes everlasting life-who knew? Christmas balls, however, go way beyond the colors and the lights, they carry custom messages of love, appreciation. Family members, even a 3-year-old can read and appreciate a message of love from an older sister, a brother, or even a parent.
- Start by hanging Christmas balls that match in color. This will allow you to disperse them evenly on your tree. If you don’t have hooks, you can use green florist wires, or green strings to ensure they blend in with the tree leaves. Wires that have different colors tend to be unsightly
- Heavy Christmas balls should be hung close to the tree trunk. The much lighter ones can be left teetering on the tips of the branches.
- Ensure the balls with the most sentimental inscriptions are on the tip of the branches, this makes them easy to see.
- The more sentimental the Christmas ball, the higher up it should be on the Christmas tree. This will prevent it from being knocked down and damaged.
- Lastly, after you’ve placed all your Christmas balls on the tree, look around it to see if everything is balanced. This is an important step because it allows you to see if the weight is distributed properly and if your tree is aesthetically sound
- Each person in your family has a favorite color. You want them to feel like you put a little thought into the selection process when you picked out the Christmas balls. The good thing about these ornaments is that they can blend into many themes even when they are in different colors.
- You can go for the usual green and red, which is more retro and more popular. These are usually the normal kind, subtle but loud, and they give that feeling of Christmas. The good thing about these color blends is that they are age-old. You can use them every year, mostly because they match traditional Christmas colors.
- Custom Christmas balls are a little different. You may want to go for bits of pinks and purples. These are a bit warmer. Red is a little intense, and putting an ‘I love you’ message on a red Christmas ball kind of beats the point. That little pink ball on the front of your Christmas tree can make a great gift for your baby girl.
- You can also go for some bit of Lime green to brighten up the mood. There will already be some screaming colors, but this will mellow out the mood, make the mood merrier, and add a little spunk and fun to the occasion.
- There are a lot of colors you can go with, gold, white, and a light shade of blue or green, a checkered white and black finish. https://www.holyart.co.uk will help you achieve the best color blend to ensure you get a tone that is balanced and unique, as well as ensure that everything is just right. Not too dull, vibrant, but not over the top.
Christmas balls are a great addition because they give you plenty of options to play around with.
Their richness in terms of design also means you can get exactly what you want, and you can use them with tinsel, with string lights and just about any Christmas tree decoration you can think of. This high-level compatibility quality is what you need when choosing Christmas tree decorations, mostly because you don’t have to pull your hair out over theme clashes.